Saturday, January 26, 2008


Im sorry I didnt post anything about the MRI results. Not only were they inconclusive as far as I can understand, nobody at the office has followed up with me since the results came in. When I was up in Dayton for my last appt, Romer said he wanted me to have this MRI on my hips and my spine. I said, "Can I get it done today? I dont want to have to drive up here again tomorrow." He looked at me like it was a tall order, but when the gal at the front desk was trying to schedule me, he came up and said something like, "Hey, tell them I want to check on a cork impression." Ive never heard of a cork impression but apparently thats the magic words to get a speedy MRI. I was scheduled that afternoon.


Tonight I got curious and decided to google "Cork Impression" and it doesnt even exist! Was Romer lying? No. Im deaf. Upon further reading, I realized that he was saying "CORD COMPRESSION".....Ill let wikipedia tell you: Spinal cord compression develops when the spinal cord is compressed by bone fragments from a vertebral fracture, a tumor, abscess, ruptured intervertebral disc or other lesion. It is regarded as a medical emergency independent of its cause, and requires swift diagnosis and treatment to prevent long-term disability due to irreversible spinal cord injury


Anyway, nothing like that was found, but I am getting ANCY about getting on SOMETHING SOON. My back is still bothering me and my hip bones ache from time to time. Pauly is fearful that everyone thinks he's an asshole (he is) for saying that Im just getting old. Everyone, tell Pauly he's not an asshole.


The pain has been so bad the last few nights that Ive had trouble sleeping and the Oxycodon doesnt do much for me. Friday I woke up early and just decided to take a shower and get into work early. It was one of those mornings where you think you're getting off to such a great start and everything goes to shit before sunrise.


My car was on fumes, So i figured Id treat myself to UDF coffee after filling up. It was FOUR degrees out. FOUR DEGREES. I make it from the house to UDF about a block away, but yet after filling up, I go to my car, and it wont start. Wont even turn over. Im getting radio and lights and thats it. I HATE asking for a jump on a BEAUTIFUL day, but on a morning like this? I was mortified.


Now, Im a 30 year old woman with a husband who works 15 minutes away, and what do I do? I call my dad. In Dayton. I guess theres something about calling your dad to assure you that everything will work out eventually. He actually asked if I needed him to come down, although I doubt he would have seen that through, and Nick never would have let him live it down if he drove to a town with almost a half a million people to give me a jump. Of course I wouldnt have asked that. (although dont ask about the time I needed a ride back to Dayton from Athens because my car wouldnt start and mom and dad drove ALL THE WAY to OU, called a tow, and the tow truck driver discovers upon trying to put the car in NEUTRAL that it's actually in DRIVE and thats why it wouldnt start...oops)


What was I saying???

Oh, the guy behind the counter at UDF was kind enough to help me. I got my jump and still made it to work on time. While im on work commutes, lets take a look at some of the clever vanity plates Ive discovered this week:

"PRAY 4 YU".....on an Escalade.

I cant describe the warm fuzzy I get to know that the "Haves" are praying for the "Have nots"....really. Nothing says "Jesus approves of my GAS-GUZZLING overpriced status symbol that could have fed a thousand hungry babies" like "PRAY 4 YU on a Escalade. What a beaming benchmark of Good Ol' American Hypocrisy.

Luckly, I cruised behind what Im guessing was a nurse, doctor, or medical researcher in the field of vaccination....."VAXN8R"....Now that was an awesome plate. I think some of the brightest minds tend to incorporate letters into words on their vanity plates. Seriously. Ill admit. Mine says "SR5ER"....but maybe me bitching about the hypocrisy of vanity plates is the biggest hypocrisy of all. Does my vanity get negated for acknowledging this? I didnt think so.

Foster Care Classes - Week 4

The Macs and the Surly's were at it again this Saturday, knocking out another two classes at Foster Parenting class. Thats my card below. Once were done with classes, its another 6-7 months of home study. I hope having a kegerator doesnt disqualify us. Im looking forward to it - should be a great incentive to keep the house clean for half a year. We're just playing things by ear. We really dont know what we want, but we will probably not take on anything too emotionally burdening as we are so new at this and have more on our plate at the moment than other candidates. They are very open and honest about not feeling guilty about biting off more than you can chew. This is a long process. We dont have all the answers yet so please hold all your fostering questions off until one year from now!

Our group had to come up with a list of things that affect one's cultural norms. I did the writing but Jmac was closest to the poster so he had to stand up and go over all our answers with the class of 25 or so. He's so scholarly. I took this on the sly. (I laughed when my beloved 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Doris Swabb recently told me of the neighbor kid -ok he's almost 40- who could never spell does. Always spelled it deos. A thousand kids and she remembers that. The woman is a Goddess. Anyway, I shouldnt have laughed. We all have those nagging words that for some reason never seem to sink in, even after elementary, high school and college. My word is attitude. Is it three "d's" and one "t"??? Or the other way around? Yeah. I actually had to ask. John is still speaking to me. Unfortunately, there is evidence on the tablet of my "Pause to think it over" spell. Another girl in the group quickly saw my quandry and said with a smile, "Tee-Tee". ) Thanks for not chastising me!

Yes, the four of us have visited CURRITO in Clifton the last two Saturdays....(for us its been three in a row) 'SGUD. We like it. Its a much more creative twist on Chipotle or QDoba. I wont explain it, but you can check out the menu here.
Here we are, sitting in the back, causing trouble.
What a view!
There's a bunch of stuff I was writing down in class that I wanted to blog about, but the folder is in the car, its cold, and Ive already taken my shoes off for the night. Yeah, Im that lazy. Dammit. Ill go get it.

Wow! Impressive! I hit on everything except "EYELINER ISSUES", and thats hardly blog worthy. Just so you all know, Ive been going sans eyeliner all week and its becuase I couldnt find my sharpener. have you ever been so desperate to use a eyeliner pencil that you start chipping away at point like you were a pioneer chiseling a wood figurine, but it turns into a jagged edge knife that you carefully try to apply without breaking skin under your eyes? It just got out of hand. It was too painful. I found a sharpener in my scrapbooking supplies so its all good. Now, If I dont wear makeup, its pure laziness.

Think that does it!

Oh, one last thing - I seem to be getting an influx of politically charged emails from everyone under the sun. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out where I stand. Therefore, I am making a contract with EVERYONE I know. Here's the deal:

NO POLITICAL EMAILS FROM ME....

NO POLITICAL EMAILS TO ME.

We have a WHOLE YEAR to learn about the candidates. Read the books they written, research their voting history, google them, but for Gods sakes dont mindlessly forward an email to your whole address book. Do I LOVE all the Democratic candidates? No. Do I hate all the Conservatives? NO! There's one I actually dont mind but Im not telling! (KJ can you guess?)

Beer Pong tourney is just a few weeks away. We already have SIXTEEN TEAMS entered and I know there are more that didnt RSVP (Kat) but apparently intend on playing (Kat). Someone (Kat) I heard, Is ACTUALLY planning a "pre-pong tourney" practice weekend (Kat) next week...and TOTALLY MISSED THE BOAT BY NOT RSVP'ingKAT!!! Tsk' Tsk'.

She knows we'll work it so every team plays, Im just givin' her a little static. C'mon, kit-kat, you know how the Evites work....dont think I havent seen you stalking the RSVP list for days....SHAME SHAME!!!! Ok, Ok, Im done....

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! Nick and I used to watch this movie OBSESSIVELY!!!

4 comments:

Aileen said...

there is no blogging on your list. How can that possibly be?!

Anonymous said...

Fort - You were right, I was REALLY hoping you would say you would find someone to jump your car. - Dad

Anonymous said...

Did your folder contains notes to self about some crazy man's ramblings?

Honey? Sweetie? :D


ST

Anonymous said...

One thing you learned in class this week - how the use of the word 'colored' is apparently still in vogue. Who knew?

-Philly...my money's on the waitress