Wednesday, January 23, 2008

UPDATE -
Results Better than Expected!

Well, the PET results were definitely better than expected. My hips/right femur/spine have been bothering me so much that I was sure something was up.

My tumor marker did in fact, go up again from 96 to 103 but he's not real concerned with that right now. My PET did show active uptake in the femur and pelvis, and that was expected. But it didnt show much as far as the spine goes, and my back is STILL KILLING ME!.

Romer ordered an MRI on my hips and spine after the appointment. I was lucky enough to get in RIGHT after the appointmet at a imaging lab just down the street. MRI's (the old school ones, not the open ones) are LOUD and uncomfortable. Theres nothing like dealing with your own mortality by lying in a coffin for an hour. Yeesh. I farted about twelve times and was petrified that the technician would come in and drop dead. Luckly she didnt.

He isnt going to change up the medication until he knows whats going on with my back. He should know the results of the MRI tomorrow afternoon and I will call to find out what he wants to do. It will either be more chemo or focused radiation on my back.

In the midst of this good news, my back is still in much pain. Romer wrote me a Rx for some yummy painkillers (and if one more person says, "Be careful, Fort, those things are addictive".....) Hopefully this will just pacify me for a few more days until they can figure out what the hell is going on. I suspect tomorrow we'll know more. It really started to bother me after volleyball on Monday night so maybe I did somethign there. Who knows.

But anyway. Its 630p and i am so sore. I just want to take my meds, go lay in bed, have some soup and hit the hay.

Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts you're sending my way. Keepem comin!

More as it develops.

3 comments:

Aileen said...

any medication that says "do not take with alcohol" is always better with 2 beers!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Would be wonderful to have a moment in your life when your health wasn't a concern.

Anonymous said...

Let's see, you played Vollyball Monday night and now your legs, hips and back hurt. Fort, you can try the cancer card, but that's all from turning 30. I'd say I told you so, but I'm not like that.
paulythebastard

Anonymous said...

Prayers are with you. Great pic of you and Pam. Volley ball=aches, good chance. I despise A.C. and agree, if she has any female parts they should be taken away. Those of us on the West Coast have been in love with Keith for a long time - rush home from work every nite to catch the countdown. I hope you can feel all the hugs coming your way!