Sunday, February 10, 2008

THROWDOWN IN FINNEYTOWN 2008

Im not going to write much because the photos speak for themselves....I tried to get a shot of each team but fell short by a few teams. Sorry all! Thanks to those who brought goodies to share with jmac's chicken and ham. Everything was great! Here we are(above), Firebird Nation, playing our first and only match. We were taken down by the "Cadets" (Patty & Dan). I cant say either of us really tried that much. you dont want to win your own tournament, and its actually kind of nice to not care for the rest of the night! Oh yeah, and we're kinda lousy at beer pong.

Ut-Oh! Look who it is! Fort's Imports - back for another shot to regain their 2007 Championship title. But it wasnt to be. Team Punishment knocked them out in the first round.

Here's Jensen of "Team Punishment"....Eva was his partner, but I didnt get a team shot of those two. I think Team Punishment got knocked out in the next round though.
The garage was a happenin' but cold place, as it was last year. My parents asked why we have all these fall/winter parties where everyone is inside. We do have a big backyard, but anyone at this party will attest to the fact that the kelts are hands down the loudest drinkers in the tri-state area. Its best to keep this group surrounded by four walls if we want to keep the neigbors from calling the cops.
"Team Bacardi" (Tracy & Ross)....knocked out by Pong-a-long-a-ding-dong in the first round.
The Soldiers! My cousin Andy (left) and his buddy Alex came down from Springfield and represented well, knocking out "Perfect Strangers" (my brother Nick and co-worker Ray) in the first round. The success wouldnt last though, and they were done in the second round.
Team "Beauty and the Geek" en route to losing to team "Seal the Deal" (Tony and Pauly).
Here they are, the team that brought a dynasty down: The Cadets (Patty & Dan)
Now, while all the games are being played in the basement and the garage, all but eight people have to find something to pass the time. Filley Jr. and some of the Kelts created "Beer Case Armor" complete with sword and shield in the kitchen:


This was the only shot I had of the Brackets....and youcant even read it very well. We spent more time working on these brackets than we did on any aspect of preparation for this party. Jmac drew the names, and I drew up the banner:

Team "Blame Canada" - taken out by "Team Bono Sucks" in the first round:

What do you do when the keg runs out before the tournament is over? Send out the sober pregnant lady and and super strong, strapping young lad to the rescue!
(FYI: Nick's outfit is the one half of team Perfect Strangers. I named them that just becuase they didnt know each other, but it turns out, Nick wanted to dress like Balki, suspenders and an novelty tee. It actually worked out because his teammate Ray, is from Chicago, Just like Cousin Larry!) We were singing the Perfect Strangers theme song all day after looking it up on youtube:

Once the keg was kicked, the Potpourri O'Beer took over. (there were about 5 beers left this AM)
The "Richie Valens Fan Club" represents:
Dont even ask:

They guys on Team Bono Sucks really hate Bono:
"The Teabaggers": Darian & Kevin drove all the way from Michigan to get knocked out in the second round:
This vest is worthy of a second look:
Teabaggers breakin it down in the basement!
J-Mac wore his dad's old basketball referee jersey. To say it fit snugly would be an understatement.


Trace, Ang & I:

Pong-A-Long-A-Ding-Dong: (Ang & Rachel) survived till the Final Four!
Team "Seal the Deal" Paul & Tony - Final Four achievers, only to be beat by "Running with Scissors"


Bono Sucks - my predicted team to win. I didnt know of any team entered that takes drinking games more seriously. This wasnt a recreational event. This was business, and business was good until......
Team Running with Scissors (Amy & Chris) walked away with the Championship (and the banner). I couldnt even watch the championship match...it was too stressful. Way to go guys & gals!
Oh yeah! Then this dude showed up in a drunken stupor and basically face-planted into the basement floor....twice. Folks, alcohol and concrete can be a dangerous mix. This gentleman was later given the helmet Bill had on for obvious reasons. (Yes he is fine) This one had me a little worried, but he was being well looked after and was taken home by cab. Other than my cousin getting bit by someone (WTF??) and Nick cutting himself while getting into the ham, no other injuries were sustained. And oh my oh my, how the beer pong tournaments leave our house an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. We've probably done about 20% of the cleaning that needs to be done and the house still reeks of stale beer.


John was up until 4 am waiting for the last people to leave, and I was out by 1am. He slept in pretty late and I went to UDF for the Sunday paper and some donuts. Get this: There are reeeely slim pickins at 2:30 on Sunday afternoon in the krispy creme case, so I grab a bag and start pulling out what I like, (Devilsfood & blueberry cake) and what John likes, (chocolate covered creme filled). There was a girl approaching the case. I took the last bavarian creme and went for one of the white cremes, she was kind of hovering and must have made me nervous and as I was pulling out the white creme donut, my hand hit the rack and I DROPPED IT ON THE FLOOR!!!
When I went to pick it up to throw it away, she leans in real quick and reaches her hand into the case and quickly snatches up the last one!!! I just rolled my eyes. Im often faced with the viceral need to punch unnecessarily competitive people in the face, but I always walk away. (fun competitive is OK - Being nasty is NOT.)
Thanks to all who showed up! Another great weekend. Now get your butts back here and clean this place up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Fort!!! - Dad

Anonymous said...

The hockey game was good, too, in case you were wondering (Miami of Ohio tied it up against Michigan 5-5 on a power play in the last minute). I think Funhater actually enjoyed himself because of that game but it was kinda hard to tell (as usual).

-Philly...I hear kids are good at cleaning up stale beer...at least that's what Paulie says.

annie said...

Love, love, love the high school team uniforms! Do you remember the group at Halloween that one year that all wore old bball uniforms, carried a 4 ft. trophy and ran around Court St. like they had just won state? That was the best group costume ever.

Anonymous said...

hey fort!it's kylie,just wanted too let you know since you told me when the time came too keep you updated but i was accepted to OU on sunday and im reallly excited:]hope everything is going well in your life!
love
kylie stein

Anonymous said...

Most importantly, did Nick and his partner do the dance of joy when they won? Gotta do the dance of joy.
Sorry I crapped out. I'm sick and now Annie is sick. But better we get it out of our systems now before we go to Scapbook Mountain.
Alisa