Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need. My name in print. That really makes somebody. Things are going to start happening to me now! "
- Navin R. Johnson

I totally thought of this when Brent informed me that "Forts Cancer Sux" actually has had enough google hits that it "prompts" you if you search it. So if you type "Forts C", it will give you the rest. Because I demand nothing but the best assistance for my blog seekers. Either that or Jami hasnt figured out to save it as a favorite and is googling it everyday:

I dont have much to add except something I already discussed over email today.

CINCINNATI: Home of the unnecessarily long local weather coverage.


Is it necessary to pull GMA for THREE FULL HOURS of LOCAL weather coverage? Seriously? Hey Derick, you said it would be like this last night. I looked out the window, saw the endless scroll of school closings and could have very well guessed that the roads weren’t great. If we gotta go to work, we gotta go to work. I need at least 15 min of Robin Roberts and Diane Sawyer to get going. I don’t give a $hit about your live coverage from Turfway Road and blow by blow information about how iced up the on-the-scene reporters umbrella got.

All Im saying is that when you take up 30% of the screen with a lower left hand live action doppler radar, and two separate ticker scrolls of closings, time and temp on the right, YOU DO NOT NEED AN ALL MORNING BROADCAST TO STATE THE OBVIOUS!!! I love these gals:

We're not big fans of local news in general, and so it just annoying when they get all jacked up over a little snow & ice. And thats just cutting into GMA! Dont even get me started when they hog up 20 min over a line of thunderstorms.

Well, I think its settled. Im scrapbooking "The College Years" this weekend at scrapbook mountain. I was thinking about doing high school, and I just didnt feel inspired. I havent really gotten excited about the College Years yet - Ive looked at those pictures a gazillion times! Luckly Ill have Stacy, Jami & Alisa there to help me out with names and events to journal. Ill just need to get going and Ill get excited. I havent really had time to do any prep work ahead of time, so we'll see how much I get done. I may start some sorting/cropping tomorrow and Thursday but dont expect a repeat of november!


Well, theres still a mountain of dishes and we're tag teaming them right now....

8 comments:

Aileen said...

FYI Navin and I were High School Sweethearts

Anonymous said...

I am not googling your blog silly! HA! J

Anonymous said...

My theory on the ridiculous weather coverage in Cincy is that being a weather person must be a terribly boring job. When there is a chance for a big event - like two inches of snow - they just lose all sense and must provide 24-hour coverage of said "event". -- Misti

Anonymous said...

WARNING: subject change ahead.
Hey, are you officially done with all your classes now? We're at the overwhelming 'still-staring at' stage with the TWO applications we have to fill out. Not one but TWO...cuz apparently we're so %$#$ing special.

-Philly...oh yeah? Well Navin was my FIRST! (okay, I totally made that up, sorry Aileen...you can have him).

Anonymous said...

Oh ho ho there missy!! COLUMBUS has the worst stupid-long weather coverage. It could be SUNNY and 80 degrees and they'll spend the first 20 minutes of the news cast discussing the ramifications of such weather. Course it could just be an Ohio thing!!! Nothing better going on.

-erin

Anonymous said...

Fort, your soooo special you have a bookmark within my Firefox.

Philly, I'm not your first? :(

I like weather coverage. I like to hear all about ThunderSnow.

osubuckeyefamily said...

I agree - Columbus has the worst craziest weather coverage. If you got Chris Bradley and Jym Ganahl together I think the doppler radar would explode!

but it is quite humerous when they start rolling up their sleves and loosening their ties during severe weather!

Anonymous said...

osubuckeyefamily is right about erin being right.