Sunday, March 23, 2008

Myspace Layouts

We both were lucky enough to have Good Friday off, so we headed off to Dayton Thursday night....but I still went to work! (With mom!) We headed to Moraine Meadows Elementary on Friday morning, had breakfast with the teachers in the lounge and then went back to the library to await the am kindergarten class. Here's moms desk/office. How could you not be in a good mood at work with this as your office?

That's mom holding up "Hooray for Diffendorfer Day" - click on the title to read about it. Its actually pretty cool. Dr. Seuss was working on it and died before he finished it, so famous author Jack Prelutsky stepped in to finish it. At the end of the book, there are numerous pages with Dr. Seuss's notes, sketches, and brainstorming. Interesting to see how the rhyme & Measure that flows through a Dr. Seuss book often hit that same rhyming "road block" that we've all ran into when writing poetry.

When the kindergarteners came in for Literacy Lab, I took the coloring station, becuase, Im awesome at coloring and I think I have a think or two to share about the skill....awwwww:

SORRY - I HAD DELETED THESE CUTE PICTURES OF THE KINDERGARTENERS BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID THAT THEIR PARENTS MIGHT GET MAD IF THEY SAW THEIR KIDS PICS ON MY BLOG.....>ROLLING EYES<>


> I was happy to see that my ALL TIME Favorite book as a child has been getting a work out in mom's library. If you have little ones, you need to get this book:

Heres a few sample pages:

In my defense, I really didnt get much sleep the night before and I woke up really early. I was tired all day long, so a nap was definitely in store before lunch. I was a somewhat intrepid to use the pillows (boogers and germs and all) so I reached into my shirt and pulled out what turned out to be the best, softest, warmest pillow I have ever used. Mom took this picture....and yes, thats what you think it is.
Friday we went to Red Lobster to celebrate Merediths birthday and I forgot to get the camera out. Can you believe that?

Saturday was Emily F's 30th birthday party, and it was a good time. Someone brought a bottle of wine and there was NO corkscrew in the place, so a little Hillbilly intervention ensued: Yes, he's prying a screw out of the cork with a hammer:

It worked! It was a bit scary though, as the guy on the left was trying to pry the screw out with the hammer and john was holding the bottle with both hands right over his crotch. I was envisioning an potential bottle backfire on "the boys", but crisis was averted and all worked out:
After the party we stopped over at the Sports Deck. Now, I would never bash child rearing in a bar because we spent much of our childhood at Kramers & Tanks, but we walked in to what looked like a fifth grader singing karyoke......with pagentry level makeup on.....and go-go boots. Oh yeah, and mom and dad clapping on the side, all proud. Really? You're going to let your 12 year old cake on makeup and sing in bar? Really? I mean, the girl wasnt bad, but I think mom and dad had dollar signs in their eyes. Send the kid to a girls slumber party where emotional drama can ensue and she can cry herself to sleep like the rest of us did!!!

Ok, in light of pulling the kindergarten pictures above, I considered pulling the verbiage about the kid singing in a bar....but then I reconsidered. If you're caking makeup on your kids face and parading them around on the adult karyoke circuit, you gotta be ready for a little feedback....

I also got to meet Amy, a fortscancersux faithful reader who's son was on the middle school baseball team Nick coached a few years ago. It was nice meeting you! :)

We got some wings to go, went home, and devoured the wings before heading back out to Taggarts to meet up with Emily, Bone & Crystal, and Tracy and all her sisters.

Here's me & Emily. Ive known her pretty much all my life and we were CYO soccer/basketball/volleyball teammates from about the 4th grade- 7th grade, playing for the Ascension knights. She's an awesome soccer player and still plays on mom's softball team. Oh yeah.....and she was WASTED!!!!! She bent down to roll her pants and had near collision with the pool table. It was pretty funny
.

Tracy was there with her sisters, and as alaways, they know every club line dance (and there were about seven that I didnt know)....
And we took the cat with us to mom and dads for the weekend and they fell in love with him. I dont know that they're ready to take in a cat, but It think they're definitely ready take in OUR cat! Guinness did his usual cutesy stuff, hopping on their bed, curling up and sleeping on mom's stomach, waking them both up with in-your-face kisses and his favorite, nibbling on toes. Mom was definitely sad to see him go!
Oh, one more thing, Nick had us watch this video on youtube....its had over 13 million views so im sure many of you have seen it already, but if you havent, its pretty good:

CHARLIE BIT ME!!!:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched this new entry appear, then disappear, then reappear (edited), but dang, STILL no word on the "real" reason your blog went down for a while. I check/read your blog regularly anyway, but i admit, your leave-em-hanging-for-more tactic is working ;)

San Diego/Charleston

Anonymous said...

Melissa - You're back at full force. The pictures of you and also of Pam are terrific. Didn't Celine start out around 12 in some pretty interesting Canandian bars? Thanks for reminding us about the PEOPLE book - I need to get it for my grandkids.