Friday, May 19, 2006

I am such a jerk! All that writing yesterday and I totally forgot the most important thing - I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have sent cards, and food, emails and happy thoughts. I do appreciate it all. Special apologies go out to all of you who have left messages on my cell phone that have gone unanswered. The chemo-related mouth sores sucked and it just hurt to open my mouth and talk. I was left with only grunts and mmm's....Im slowly trying to call back everyone who's left me messages but I cant do it all at once - For one, its typically the same conversation over and over, and secondly I have no attention span and will sometimes become engrossed in the television mid-conversation. Im just rude like that. I cant help it. But Im trying! So please dont be offended. Im working on it.
Thanks also to my mom - she's been quite little personal assistant, taking notes at all my appointments, promoting heavy gas consumption going back and forth to the 'nati 3-4 times a week, and basically just being there every step of the way to make sure Im taking my pills, doing my chi-gong and trying any and everything that might help the situation.
And a special thanks too goes to Jennifer - she and my mom came down wednesday to clean our whole house and Jennifer cleaned the inside of our microwave, what was probably John and I's dirtiest little secret. It was gross and Im embarassed that she saw it and even more embarassed that actually cleaned it. An ACTUAL MEAL could have been made from the scrapings of the inside of that microwave and I just wanted to give a special hats off to Jennifer for not being "weird" around me after the whole incident.
Im off to Athens for the weekend - Talk to you next week!

7 comments:

Lola A. Åkerström said...

Fort. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be praying and waiting on the Lord for you (and reading the blog every week :o). Lots and lots of love -- Lola

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Great blog. I would be just freaking out if it were me. Bill and I are praying for you. Good Luck!!

Sue

Anonymous said...

You have NO IDEA who I am. Kevin Foley sent me your link. I have a site and it's soooo much more boring but if you're interested have a read - www.kristarogers.com. I'm about to come over here - perhaps we can blog on this wonderful subject together!!!???

If you're feeling puky from chemo it's just the ticket my friend. This sorority sucks but we'll fight the good fight because we can.

Bite me Cancer,
Krista

Anonymous said...

hey there- i sent you a funy ecard, it was about hugs. i am a nerd. i hope that you are feeling better.
if you need anything let me know.

love mere

Anonymous said...

You know there are easier ways to get Celtic Bandanas ,you know! Always having to do things the hard way!! Wish I knew before I called John just chit chatting about nothing,last week. If anyone can beat this it's you. No need to shave your head...I can send the kids down for a few weeks! You'll pull it all right out!! I'll be praying for you both. Love you much! -aileen

Anonymous said...

Hey you, Brent just told me about your blog sight. I will be praying for you and John, sorry to hear about why you are coming back to Corporate but cannot wait to have you back to lighten up the front office. It's too quiet up there now. See you soon and God bless. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my mom cleaned your microwave! What do I have to do? Lose a limb?!

Stay tough, and know that we're thinking about ya. love, jess