Sunday, July 30, 2006

GIRLS NITE OUT! - WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE MY GOOD HEALTH THAN BY PUNISHING MY LIVER!!

Well, as you're probably seeing, I went out bald last night - out in public for only the second time! (We went out to dinner with the Schniebers a month or two ago...just feels a little awkward for the first time) My dome just went better with my shirt then any of my scarves did. In case you didnt know, I have a very smooth, lump-free head, so in reality, I should be celebrating it more often!!

Here are the girls: Amy (Jennings) Trout, KJ (just showed up for the pre-party with Quack), Dr. "Cooter" Vannorsdall (we'll have to inform her patients that they need to start calling her that...she DID mention some of them read this blog!) , Alisa Grimes, Me, Annie Hess, Julie Stoll, Stacy Schnieber & Kate "Two O's, two D's, two L's" Wooddell. OMG I did remember something from last night!!


We sat around at Stacy's from about 7-11 drinking as stacy called "Fun" beers (read: TWICE the calories) and then took two cabs up to the Mt.Adams Pavillion.

(I have to interject for a second and tell you the story of my visit to Value City earlier that day. I was waiting in line and a woman behind me started asking me about my cancer, chemo, etc...so we were having this discussion and she was telling me about her friends 16 yr old niece who had to go through chemo and to be out of school for a few quarters. I was going to make a statment like, "Yeah, Chemo really kicks your butt"....or "Yeah, Chemo really wipes you out"...do you know where Im going with this? My brain didnt inform my mouth that it hadnt decided which phrase to say, so what came out of my mouth loudly in long line, was, "YEAH! CHEMO REALLY WIPES YOUR BUTT!"......there was an awkward pause and I just kept on talking and she didnt question it)

ok...back to the GNO...

I had to speak up about the topics of discussion at Stacy's. I had to say I was a little sad and that I never would have thought in that booth at the Cats Eye that we would EVER be discussing the following: 1) Baby-Friendly Laundry Detergent 2) Gardening Techniques 3) Home Remodeling
It was just sad. Here's Stoll, Amy, Stacy & Cooter all waiting for the cabs.



The plan was to dress up, go out, dance the night away while making fun of the scantilly clad young women with no self-respect. We ended up sitting at a table on the top patio..(theres 3 levels) Lost Annie right off the bat but found her eventually...sat at the table for a little longer, ended up making more fun of the metrosexual guys then we did the girls. I was a little too inebreated to be paying that much attention anyway.

Then we decided to get REALLY crazy, as we tend to do. We got up, and walked down the steps to the patio below us and found ANOTHER table to sit at and talk. I know. We were out of control, but what are you going to do? We hadn't been out together in so long, I mean, SOMETHING was bound to happen, right? Then we ordered appetizers and discussed like the elderly women we are how "pleasantly surprised" we all were that they were still serving food at 130am! We were out of control.

Check it out! I actually KNEW someone at the Pavillion! Kenny! Kenny and I started playing with the Kelts at the same time in 2002-ish..and actually one the the first times we hung out was when a big group of us when up to, you guessed it, Mt Adams!! (this is a coincidence since the last time I was up there was about 2 years ago...)



Here we all are at the SECOND table of the night. It seems like the older we get, the more crucial it becomes to find a good table. We were lucky enough to make two great scores last night. Mingling? Whats that??


After a few hours of partying, here are some drunk sweaty girls waiting at the door for the rest of the crew. I dropped a beer in the process, dropped my camera, and left Alisa with a big wet spot on the front of her dress. Par for the course I guess.


I love these pictures...NINE of us SQUEEZED into a SCION cab from Mt. Adams to Deer Park...about a 15-20 min ride - I have to tell you, the crammed, drunken cab ride with 8 of your friends is highly reccomended, no more than once every five years...if you take enough pictures you'll always end up with some good ones...






Here's where Stoll & sat...she endured a 20 min ear massage by my big toe and didnt complain once!!!


Heres the group - - Home and safe at last!! Thanks to Stacy for organizing the event and thanks to all of you who came in from out of town...it was awesome. PLEASE POST ANY GOOD STORIES I FORGOT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. IM STILL A LITTLE FUZZY...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was GREAT 2 C u fort.....its been way 2 long

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add about the cab that as we were piling into this cab, we were blocking the road. As we are almost done, a cop came up to tell us, we thought, that sitting 2 in the front seat ,5 in the middle and 2 in the hatch, was not in fact legal. But to our great fortune he just told the guy to get out of the road, and he told us to have a good night! -Alisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the big girl's night out. Give me more notice next time!

Anonymous said...

Had a GREAT time! Don't worry Stetson, you were there.... in our hearts, as well as our conversations. Those pictures are sweet! -jennings

Anonymous said...

BTW - That's quite a wrecking crew you have assembled in those pictures. Or at least it would have been 6-8 years ago!

Anonymous said...

As a founding member of the Fortblogaholic club I'ld just like to say that 3 days without a new entry is painful and cruel! Is it just me or is Fort getting to be a bit of a slacker???