Thursday, July 20, 2006

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!


I cant even express how excited we are that this movie is SLLLLOOOOWWWLYY making its way to Cincinnati, although we may not be able to wait for it. We actually kicked the idea around of driving to Chicago for the opening night a few weeks ago, but John had to work. Now I see that its showing in Columbus. We might try and make a Sunday night of it...So exicted. I just dont know that we can hang on till it comes to the 'Nati.

***UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!*** John just called and said its showing in Clifton!! We'll be there on Sunday...probably the 5p show...how excited are we??

When you read the reviews and it talks about a "Cult-Following?" John and I are smack dab in the middle of it. We own all three seasons on DVD and have taken all the online quizzes, and literally been waiting to see this movie for over a year.

Unfortunately, every time we bring up our exitement to a crowd, we just get Blank stares...SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! You dont remember this show on Comedy Central??? Thats why Im not going to go on and on about it any further.

(But can I add that these DVD's showed up in late 2003, and I credit them for keeping us laughing during some tough times.)

Looks like Stacy has organized a Girls Nite Out for some old Ohio U. Ruggers...should be a good time - Starting at Stacys and then maybe a limo?? Sounds like we're heading up to Mt. Adams so dont even get me started on the dress code...Either way we loose. Try to dress up like the half-dressed 20 yr old hussies and bitterly make fun of them, or dress like the old Cats-Eye jeans and t-shirt slobs of OHio U....and also, bitterly make fun of the young beautiful people.

Make no mistake about it, if we run into you and you're in an outfit you parents woudl be embarassed to see you in, someones going to call you out....not me of course, Im a spineless wuss, but Jennings? Even Jami when she's feeling saucy...Im just sayin'...dont say you werent warned.

so what DE-Motivational poster describes me today?


This is really one of my favorite posters from despair.com...and SO appropriate! The last few months Ive been quite the flight case at work, thinking about "What it all Means" and "What Am I supposed to do with this experience"...When I dont have that constant influx of stuff to do like it was at my old job at MedCost, I think my brain just slams on the brakes and spends more time trying to pace myself with the few things I have to do, but pacing myself leaves all that "wiggle room" in my brain to drift slowly into la la land. I used to have a work ethic that I was so proud of and I dont know how to get back there! It will just take time I guess.

This weekend Im heading up to Urbana for John's sister Aileen's wedding. He couldnt get off work so Ill be heading up with his Aunt Susan & cousin Katy. Should be a good time! They're combining his love for heavy artillery and her Irish background with, you guessed it, CAMOFLAUGE KILTS for the groom and the best man. I PROMISE to take lots of pictures and give you all the full report when I get back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if 'Pam' is McFort's Mom then there's no point is there?

The loss of entertainment value alone negates the experience entirely.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I can't believe that 'Strangers' didn't get more mainstream attention. I will see you in Clifton on Sunday!!!