Wednesday, August 09, 2006


OFF TO THE LAKE!
August 5-6


I love to tell you some awesome funny story from our trip to the lake, but again, I had my VERY LAST chemo injection (Ill stay on the pills for however long) on Friday and was absolutely WIPED OUT all weekend! All I wanted to do was sleep! We made trips out to the swimming hole (pictured above) by the island off Sassafras Point, came back and slept some more. Hit up the Tilton Hilton - awesome. Nice part of the trip? Got to take our new truck out for its first road trip..(And last as far as Im concerned..Im not even going to TELL YOU what we bent over and paid for to fill the tank..but with out further ado our "new" Silverado!:

This chemo is kinda driving me nuts! Sometimes Im full steam ahead after chemo and sometimes Im a total slug.
The Xeloda im on is giving me some wacky side effects...Hand and Foot Syndrome (NO, NOT Foot and Mouth Disease!!!) Basically my hands kind of look like I pulled a hot pan out of the oven...red, blistery fingertips, peeling skin, and that little flap of skin between my thumb and index finger is kinda red and swollen and tender. They say its because sometimes the chemo "Leaks"? through the blood vessels and it commonly happens in the hand/foot extremities...dont ask me why, it just does. I guess theres worse things - I could be puking all over the place so Im not too upset about it.
sorry - thats my lake post.

No comments: