Tuesday, September 19, 2006

DEFINITELY NO pictures for this post...

So Ang & I started this “Fit by New Years Diet” yesterday…I made binders with calorie “fill-in” worksheets and we’re going to meet on Mondays to “Grade” our previous weeks progress, weigh ourselves…(NO I WILL NOT be posting that) and see what happens. The last time we dieted together we were seniors in high school gearing up for Panama City Mania – we worked at Marions and ate cheese-less pizzas for months – ahh….life before carbs….we never had it so good. I don’t know how that turned out – I know Ang was still in a bikini, although even at my fittest, Ive never been socially “cleared” for the bikini – my white stomach might blind you.

It will definitely be tough, what with fall coming around – campfires and beer, rugby games and beer, tailgates and beer and all the junk you can consume!!

One thing that I need to work on – drinking more water….Found these Kroger brand “Fitness water packets”….whatever…it just makes it taste like Cherry Kool-aid so Ive drank more water today than I have all week – hopefully that will ward off those late night binges and keep me a little more hydrated for Rugby practice…that’s really what Im focusing on…and keeping calories around 1500/day. Ouch. My stomach grumbles every time I think about it!!

Ang needs to work on eating breakfast and not skipping meals. We’re on a 2 lb a week plan so that’s THIRTY POUNDS EACH by new years – together we’re gonna try to lose an eight year old. Sorry Johnny, but you gotta go.

Anyhoo – Its kind of embarrassing to put your weight issues out there but I figure if I tell people what Im doing, Ill have better motivation not to fail. There will be no “Before” pictures posted…. Maybe an “After” picture when its all said and done.

How many calories are in a Bud Light? This could pose some problems….

ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Ps – if you’re interested in joining us – post here or shoot me an email and Ill send you the “weekly form” to fill out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested...Jami

Anonymous said...

I'd like a form- Naomi
naomi_derwent@dealersnorth.com

Fort said...

done and done!

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely. Looking for some motivation, since I seemed to have gained my typical "winter weight" over the summer!
amy.anderson@antonellicollege.edu
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hook me up, sister! This rugby season is miserable as far as fitness goes!

Anonymous said...

Fortner- use these 2 websites that I found to help keep you on track.
First-go to myfitnesspal.com-here you can get your diet profile, it tells you how many calories you need to stay at per day in order to lose weight
Then-go to fitday.com-here you can track all the food that you eat in one day and it will keep track of all your calories, carbs, protein etc.
You must remember to key in everything you eat!!! It will really tell you how bad/good you are eating.
Hope it helps!
Melissa Scott