Wednesday, September 20, 2006

OOPS....

Have you ever blurted something out to someone that you thought you were fairly comfortable with, and their reaction shows that you might not be as familliar with each other as you thought?

At my volleyball game tonight our team lost the first two matches...after doing pretty well actually, just some late game breakdowns.

In the third match, had some great breakthroughs and I high-fived one of the guys on my team and said, "Good job dude, way to save it till the last match"....then I laughed...but he didnt. I keep forgetting these people arent angie or stacy or kj whos nasty sports related banter can go on and on....

any hoo...i just felt bad becuase apparently it didnt go over as swimmingly as I thought.

I was embarassed, but then I remembered my Rubi Girl night performance and I COMPLETELY forgot about it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My head is always filled with things I want to say, but don't. I have decided it is directly linked to being raised Catholic and trying to be a "good" girl.

Rugby has helped me overcome some of it.

SurlyTammy

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?! You were AWESOME at the Rubi Girls!!

Anonymous said...

I think the comment was funny myself. If he's that sensitive than toss him a box of Midol!

Anonymous said...

remember, it's funny till someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious!
mlw

Anonymous said...

You may find this hard to believe, but my mouth gets me in trouble all the time. I ran into the CFO a while back, and he was looking for one of my (many) superiors.

ME - Sorry CFO, John and the department have the company box at Philips Arena tonight, so he left a little early.

CFO - Really? He didn't invite me.

ME - Take a hint.

I'm not sure he thought it was as funny as the rest of my coworkers.

Anonymous said...

It must run in the family - I do that all the time :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you can't invite the V-Ball people to any rugby related parties. That guy would leave in tears from the sarcastic verbal punches usually flying around.