Monday, September 25, 2006

I know, I know....

Shame on me for not posting after the awesome "SUPPORT FORT" fundraiser put on this weekend...special thanks to Ang, Stacy & mom for all your help! It was a success and I had a blast. I was AMAZED at the gift baskets. I really had no idea how much planning had gone into this.

The few pics I took came out BLURRY so you're gonna have to wait until Stetson posts a link (STETON POST A LINK THAT PEOPLE CAN PASTE INTO THEIR BROWSER...) Ive seen his pictures already and he took many...what's best though, are the captions. You will not be dissapointed...

Here are a few highlights that I can remember. Post yours as well if I forgot anything....

1 - the Big Travelers!! Kelley Russell traveled all the way from San Diego and really helped ang out a lot. Lots of OU peeps were there - Alisa & David from Brown County, Andy, Carl & Maribeth from Cleveland, Jami & matt from Columbus, Trainor and Stacy's cousin Alison came from Athens, And Stetson showed up!!! All the way from the ATL! I had no clue!! I was out front and I heard someone behind me say, "THIS PARTY SUCKS!!" and there he was! He seemed to have a good time slow dancing with my mom....watch those hands, stetson! (lots of Blog fans got a chance to meet him and he really worked the Wilbur Wright table...)

2 - The T-shirts looked awesome. the brown and pink was a hit.

3 - the raffle was fun. Bone got the tony the tiger glass head cookie jar. "You put yer weeeeed in that, man!".....When I called the number for the Wine basket, I told all the MU of Ohio kids to get their tickets ready... John Gennett won! (a miami grad)

4 - All the late show ruggers - what a pleasant surprise! Hope you had fun!

5 - The Rumrunners were a hit - took awhile to get people out on the dance floor but once they were out, it was crazy! Thanks to John Gennett - the lead singer who was breaking a fever durning sound check. Way to go the distance.

6 - Food was Great! Thanks to all who brought something. I heard rave reviews about the taco dips ( I especially had my way with the jalopeno version) and missy's cheesy sausage dip (I forget what you were calling it)...but it was awesome.

Im sure Im forgetting something.

I dont deserve my friends! Thank you thank you thank you! Thanks to Ang especially, the underappreciated project cordinator for the majority of major events in my life.

If you have any other funny stories/memories of the night please post....Id love to hear them. And stay tuned...Ill post pictures as soon as someone emails me some...

thanks again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will send you the pictures asap...in exchanges for Pam's digits.

PS - I smell like a 'Miller' air freshener today at work.

Anonymous said...

that thing wouldn't have made it to Kentucky if I'd been driving!

Anonymous said...

Hope the Jello Shots Made It and were Fun in the Silly Flavors....

Anonymous said...

It was a great time! I wish I won the Bengals basket though!!! :-) Hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh and my favorite part was johnnymac dancing....I have some video on my phone you should check out!

Anonymous said...

it ws all entertaining...and the jello shots made it even more so...and who really cares who won the bengals tickets OR the basket? I mean, come on, even winning they are STILL the Bengals!! (go Browns...first win this week...and even if it doesn't happen at least they aren't the BENGALS!!!)