Friday, September 15, 2006

Finneytown's Not-So Good Luck Charms:
Well - it started out great - my plan from a week ago was to spend friday night with a couple of "good steaks" before the football game..Now Im a carnivore, but I had NO IDEA what J-mac had in store. I wasnt planning on taking a picture of dinner, but this was just too amazing...these had been marinating all night in a combo of teryaki & soy sauce, brown sugar, a bottle of Great Lakes brew and God knows what ever else he had in there...it....was....AMAZING. he needed a separate plate for the corn on the cob and the garlic mashed potatoes (not shown) Needless to say, I didnt touch the asparagus or the potatoes. My expanded gut could not take it... Here's three weeks worth of protein:

Here come the Undefeated (3-0) Finneytown Wildcats! Great crowd, everyone was pumped. They came out and really put a whompin' on deer Park - it was 21-7 at halftime & things were going good.
Coming from a DI school, I have to admit I was nothing short of SHOCKED to see five, count em, FIVE football players in the Deer Park MARCHING BAND!!! Remember BB Coach Casey at Fairmont? Didnt he used to have coniptions over basketball players also wanting to play FOOTBALL?? (or maybe he just didnt like my brother....whatever) Im confused how they work this out because any school Ive ever known, the band and the football team both have long practices after school - How these fb players knew these convoluted marching band walking routines was impressive. Ah....Donny Fortener, this one's for you:

Long story short - Finneytown DISENEGRATED in the second half and ended up losing by 9 I think. It was ugly...but we'll definitely be back!!
Has anyone ever seen the football/band combo?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen in my life. Is the bad that desperate that they need to recruit the football players...this coming from an ex band member...ha!Jami

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, it's late and I'm delerious after work, I meant to say, are they that desperate that they need to recruit the football players?? Man, I feel drunk, but I'm not...weird
I'm sure Stetson will have some comments, can't wait to hear them...

Anonymous said...

It's common where I grew up. Tiny schools. BTW, lots of these guys started music BEFORE football ;)