Saturday, October 14, 2006

Im sorry. But Im going to have to use the word LOVELY...

It was a LOVELY fall day. Saturday was Waynesville's Sauerkraut festival, other wise known as the life threatening gauntlet of craft booths and the psychotic quest of women like myself, overdosed on pumpkin spice and harvest wreaths, seeking that ever important piece (or pieces) to add to their home. This picture doesnt quite do it justice, but someone, somewhere in this picture is getting shoved by some old woman en route to her next booth...


I went with Alisa on Saturday since our Rugby game got cancelled, and I called her minutes after her sister called to cancel on her yesterday, so it all worked out. My mission was to find something to "liven up" the kitchen, and Alisa wasnt looking for anything in particular, but was given strict orders from her husband..."No more wreaths."

Any time we passed a floral spray or wreath booth, I would yell, "Look away! Look away!!" By the time we were ready to eat, we came upon the rueben stand, and as we were ordering, I heard a guy standing next to the booth yelling at the crowd to buy some pop. It was my cousin David! I had forgotten his Young Life group always mans the Reuben stand. His wife Amy, was there too, working in the booth.

(Dave...did you get that hat from Grandma?? tee hee hee...) Ok im looking at this picture and my sunglasses look kinda stupid. They're kinda pointy on the ends and I didnt realize that. I dont like it. Maybe its just the picture. While we're on the subject of my fashion sense (or lack thereof) I have to say what annoys me are "boot cut" pants that dont quite cover the boot.

Maybe Im just living in some fantasy land where my friends have stopped calling me out, (dude, im in remission, let the verbal beatings resume!) but when john and I went to the David Sedaris thing Thursday night, I noticed these khakis ive been wearing are NOT Long enough....I dont do a lot of walking in front of wall sized mirrors - there were quite a few downtown - and i was MORTIFIED!!! I look JUST LIKE the people I see on the street and shake my head at. THAT was embarassing. For those of you have noticed this, please know that I have inded TAKEN NOTE and will be working on this.

Here, alisa and I pass out after we asess all the stuff we we came out with from our "Craft Gauntlet Run"....and we still had to get the car and drive behind the parade so I could pick up a shelf I had purchased and didnt want to carry....

I know you're on pins and needles waiting to see what I was able to accomplish with that kitchen corner huh??? Well, the one thing I fell in love with at the festival were the booths with the hanging, dried herbs...so thats the "theme" im going to focus on for the kitchen....the dining room will remain a coffee theme...

YESTERDAY....

AND TODAY!!!!!
...Also posting the lamp I got so my mom can see what I was talking about...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that your kitchen area made a total 360 and looks great!!! I can smell the herbs from here. Jami

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I just noticed something really funny--even your trash can has made a turn for the better in the second new and improved kitchen. I like how you switched from the black kitchen bag to the matching white washed kitchen bag. Jami

Anonymous said...

That looks great!

Anonymous said...

Can you come flip our house? Tammy

Anonymous said...

R.I.P - Tacky Corner
...we barely knew ye...

Anonymous said...

oh thank GOD that's over! Cute lamp by the way...-surly-philly