Monday, December 11, 2006

Looks like my blog-cation is over...
Im online, and ive got no excuse to keep disappointing you all! :)
So...this weekend was the wedding.

Here's all the lovely Bridesmaids & Meredith at the church.


Nick and Meredith were married at Holy Trinity church in Downtown Dayton this Saturday and it was a great...but busy weekend.

We both worked all day friday and raced up to Dayton for the rehearsal. It was your typical rehearsal. Jokes were made, people told me not to race down the asile, (which I did anyway...i think i was just nervous. it happens. I cant control my speedwalking) We then were off to the Spaghetti Warehouse for the rehearsal dinner where there were 40 some people.

All was going swimmingly until my brother and I got into a very verbal and very public display of our typical bickering when we got into an argument about exactly how the cheesecake should be distributed. He wanted people to get up and pick their own, i decided we should just pass them along into the crowded seating area. Nick thought otherwise. I proceeded to pick up plate after plate of cheesecake and pass them into the tables as my brother yelled things like, "ITS MY WEDDING, and we'll do it MY WAY" in front of his new family. (This is old hat for rest of us) As usual, I got my way, and Nick was then deemed, "Groomzilla"... Here we are in a happer, booze-induced party mode at the reception:

Here's John & I. Some of you might see this in form of a Chrismas card if we can find your address. Or not.

Nick with some groomsmen, and that guy in the white shirt. If I had a dime for every person who came up and asked me who that guy was, Id have about thirty cents. Still dont know who it is, although he did take his shirt off at the end of the night and was verbally berated by his date for doing so. I can only assume that there's a Harrigans connection there???

Here's Stacy, Paulythebastard, Me & John. Ive come up with a new trick. Use other people to sheld the sides of your gut and its more slimming than vertical stripes....

Nick throws the garter to all the single men. For the first time in many recent weddings, it DID NOT JUST DROP TO THE FLOOR. Meredith's brother was the lucky guy.

Later that night, it seemed as though everyone was going out to the bars. I decided on Taggarts since John and I didnt have a car, & it was really close to my folks place. Enter Pauly & Elizabeth. We got them to agree to go out with us, and when we got to Taggarts, my feet hurt so bad that I just kept my slippers on the whole time. And as soon as we got there I knew it was a bad idea. So I went into the bar with my bridesmaid dress and slippers on, and damn near fell asleep.

Even in this state, I managed to get hit on and asked out by a guy...It never would have happened if J-Mac and Paulythebastard would have given up their seats to E-Beth & I at the bar...we had to fend for ourselves up front...The guy asked if we could get together sometime. It was nice to be able to say "Thanks! But im married!" It was a little feather in my cap, even though all my friends SWORE he was mentally handicapped. I REALLY dont think he was. Just a little closed off and creepy.

Went home, scarfed down moms leftover lasagna and passed out. Woke up the next morning and had a blast with Trinity...my moms cousin Jan and Her daughter Kim and Grandaughter Trinity stayed with mom and dad and it was fun to have this little kid full of energy bouncing around all over the place. Kinda made me excited to get this process going with the fostering...in case you didnt know already, this last round of chemo pretty much did its job and threw me head first into menopause. Im the only 28 year old in town bitching and moaning about hot flashes....its driving me nuts! So anyway, in the new year we're going to work on the foster parent thing. Hopefully this blog doesnt come back to haunt me! ha ha!

Later that sunday, we all went to the Lebanon, Mason & Monroe Railway for their "Polar Express Train to the North pole" with me, mom, Jan, Kim, Trinity, Leanne, Tony and all their kids, AJ, Lindsay, Katie, Michael and Danny. We had a blast! Here are some pics -


Left: Leanne & Tony with Katie, Danny, Mrs Claus, AJ, Santa, Michael & Lindsay

Trinity & katie - so cute!



Tony with Michael, Lindsay & Katie -

All the kids on the wagon....at least until college...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! You look so pretty Fort!!! Congrats Nick & Meredith! Jami

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Where's the party on Friday??? I might be rolling through town late Friday night...on my way to the Fenik Christmas party on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Melissa - get with me about the fostering thing. Jay and I went through that process. I can tell you all the good and all the bad. Plus the joys of the adoption process - which we are still in. But it's worth it. Plus, I know a little something about the not being able to "procreate" on your own so I'm here if you need me.
Love,
Chalk Board Buddy

Anonymous said...

Why the HELL didn't JMac & Paul give up their seats to us? Men suck!

Elizabeth