Wednesday, June 20, 2007

As you probably guessed.....
(ps if you have a weak stomach you might not want to read the end of this post)

I came home last night after a 4 hour chemo, and John had another FANTASTIC creation in the works- it was dish comprised of nocchi, shrimp, and chopped asparagus & Broccoli in a sundried tomoato pesto/sauce...uh, YUM!

Of course after that I went to lie down around 630 and never saw the light of day again, so the early morning hours Ive been kind of on and off. Now its 4:30 am and Im thinking about taking a walk and then coming back to get caught up on some emails before I go to work.

I have a meeting with the Athletic Director with all the coaches today at 5p so we'll see how that goes!

Other than that, this chemo has raised my BP, which in turn, has given me a "going problem"....something Ive never had a problem with before.

I took "Something" for it at the lake which of course kept me from going to a nice dinner that night but it was necessary. I did same last night and had a nuclear holocaust in my stomach.....I cannot keep this up! (oh yeah.....thats another reason I had a hard time getting up early yesterday. I was "occupied" from the hours of 1:30-3:00 am)

Joni (nurse at Romers) gave me this powder that supposedly you can put in your coffee and its tasteless (kind of like this post) and it "fixes" the problem with out the pain of a "pink pill"......

I will tell you that NOTHING in this family is off limits with this family - When I was on the phone with my mom giving her the play by play of my afternoon, I could hear my dad in the background at the bar yelling, "Anchors Away! Anchors Away!", which, apparently, is something I was caught saying while I was being potty trained many, many moons ago.

When I was curled up in the fetal position at the lake late Friday afternoon, John stopped in to check on me and let me know they were leaving for dinner and quipped, "Now remember, not every blog post HAS to have a picture."

so no pictures.

Let me know if you need the name of this powder....supposedly one scoop will do ya and not give you the cramping and one hour emergency situation.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!-- Three days till Tracy's Bachelorette Party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the white powder! But when I use it and work out I squeeze out a little fart with every step! It makes me giggle.