Sunday, June 17, 2007

So Ive started this really bad habit of taking pictures while I drive...
(ps-CHIPOTLE MAYO RECIPIE IN THIS POST!! FINALLY!!!)
As i was driving back up to the lake after chemo on Tuesday, I wanted to take pictures of some of the more amusing sights along the way. I was going to get some of the "travel landmarks" we pass every time we drive up there, and thats when this guy pulled up behind me on 48 when I was driving through Centerville....not every day do you have a "Slash" clown on a cell phone driving a convertable Mini Cooper pull up behind you. I took this without looking. Not bad!

This one never gets old. If I was giving you a quiz on pop culture and asked you who "J.C. Naz"was, you'd probably guess it was some up and coming rapper, right? You'd be wrong, though.....its the J.C. Naz, Church of the Nazarene in Jackson Center, Ohio. I only wish I could have been a fly on the wall when the committee was trying to come up with a "Newer, Hipper" name for their church. They came up with a doozy. And yes, thats a year old crack on my windshield.
And of course the ever popular Indian Lake landmark, the ginormous arrow directing drivers to O'Connors Point. Seeing as theres only a handful of rentals there compared to the 20+ they used to have, and mostly privately owned homes, its probably not necessary, but its still impressive....

Thursday night, after the in-laws pontooned over for some pizza.
I know you all enjoy a close-up shot of a J-Mac custom dinner....so here you go!
As promised, I told you Id show you Brendan's attempt to eat an ear of corn in under 20 seconds......think he can do it???



Heres a few sunset shots for your viewing pleasure....I think they'd make good wallpaper!
We drove down to Dayton on Saturday and hit up this new place "Sima"on Woodman (across from Value City...next to CVS on Woodman and Patterson) It was really good....if you're into Sushi Id reccomend it. Although.....
When they got to our table, they gave us both hot towels. Can someone please tell me what the hell you're supposed to do with a hot towel??? We were so confused as you can see.
John hadn't bathed in a while, so he took the liberty to get that taken care of.

I thought this would be worth taking a picture of.....can you guess which bag I packed for a week and which bag John packed for a week? I was a little embarasseed, but I did wear most of the stuff.

Ok- before I give you the Chipotle Mayo Recipie- heres your question of the week:

What are hot, wet towels supposed to be used for? Do you have an awkward story of being given a hot towel and not really knowing what to do with it?

I think the hot towels is a courtesy that should be dropped in general.....Ive never heard anyone say, "Yeah, it was a good (flight, meal, event, etc) but they didnt even offer me a hot, wet towel? I mean, what the hell is up with THAT??"

Here you go, San Diego/Charleston!!!
Johnny Mac's Chipotle Mayo (This was created for his Sweet Potato Fries, but when he left the container over at the Schniebers a few months ago, Casey said it was putting it on "Everything for weeks"....so knock yourself out!)

1 12 oz Jar of Mayo (Real Mayo - not MW - regular or light)

1 7oz can of Chipotle in Adobo Sauce

3-4 Green onions

2 Limes

1/4 cup Cilantro

Mince cilantro, onions, chipotle. Mix into mayo. Juice Limes and mix into mayo. (Reduce Chipotle to taste)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got back from Japan and they give you the wet towel before every meal. Although it was occasionally cold, usually it was hot. I believe it is to clean your hands although I sometimes used it on the face a bit as well if I have just been hiking around and feel the need for the refreshment. I kinda liked it - feel less grimy before digging into whatever random food was brought to the table.

Anonymous said...

Yes yes YESSSS!!! San Diego/Charleston here, now officially just Charleston. Just hooked up my computer and got internet working (after an hour of frustration, no less) and i check my favorite blog and get rewarded with the Chipotle Mayo recipe. Saaaawwwwwwwweeeeeeet! Have to catch up with the rest of your postings but i hope your chemo is going well. And thanks for the recipe! Els (aka San Diego/Charleston)