Monday, July 23, 2007

Alert! Alert!
Harry Potter Spoiler!!
HARRY POTTER SPOILER!!!
So Harry Potter came out. I dont read Harry Potter. I think I started to read the first one and decided to watch the movie instead. Please dont give me that holier-than-thou "The book was better than the movie" crap. I hate when people say that. You might as well say, "You're too frigging lazy to read the book like I always do, so I make that comment just in case someone around thinks you're smarter than me, which you're obviously not."
Ok, so maybe I just feel dumb when people say that. Either way, I dont read the books but I do enjoy the movies. Some day Im going to watch them all.
Now this is why I dont know if I can get into Harry Potter....I googled "Who dies in Harry Potter" and found this review. It was a well written review of a book I have no intention of reading. Now what I found HILARIOUS, was one of the comments posted about the review:
"this review is simply childish from the third paragraph we see this reader clearly never understood the books. Of course Harry should've died that would be the right thing, since the first book everyone I knew had already solved that his death would lead to the end of Voldemort mainly because we can infer from the last few chapters they were the same person. The fact that the author pulled a few plot tricks to make Harry live is a slap in the face to readers who believed he should have died as well it was just as bad when through twisted logic it turns out that the elder wand actually belongs to Draco. How is it that a disarming spell stops the killing curse and actually kills the dark lord? It was stated that by the Voldemort himself he could use the wand but not to its full potential afterall he was able to kill with Lucious's wand. But no Rowling disregards all logic in this novel and says I think disarming spells could block an instant kill spell and actually kill someone yea that makes perfect sense just like Marth's Falchion"
WHAT!?!?!?! I mean, WHAT???
I can hardly fully comprehend the Gyno Q&A section in Cosmo and I need THIS kind of attention span to appreciate Potter? Im bowing out of this one.
The weekend was definitely full of never-befores. Never before have I gone to work on a Saturday morning, never drove to Karen's on a Saturday night to hang out and eat pizza and hang out with the kids, and never spent EIGHT hours at a high school Volleyball tournament on a Sunday morning. The girls did great though - Our "Davids" knocked off a few Division I "Goliaths" and made a big statement. I was really proud! Im excited for the season.
Pauly, Stacy and Emma came over on Friday and J-mac made some incredible ribs. Stacy and Pauly were both stag for the weekend so it worked out well.
Dare I confess Im going back to Athens this weekend? Some of our old Montrose Roomates took off to come this weekend - it was the original weekend Dave was supposed to be in - so we're going back to meet up with them.
Im pretty pumped because every time I go for a rugby function, Im always the one who gets made fun of because I want to "Walk around Campus" and tour the place. You see, rugby weekends, any thing that strays from eight hours at the Catseye followed by three painful hours at "afterhours" is considered "lame". (and no, I never make it to afterhours....and never did before)
That's why Im happy Jami will be down. She's lame and has the same crazy "itch" to trapse around all the dorms wishing we could be freshman again. Good times. Love you James, "you're so lame, you probably think think this post is abooout you...you're sooo LAME!" HA HA!!!!
You might have noticed that I turned on the "approve post" thing....Im turning it off... I just had it on in case Mr. Wonderful came back.
Question of the week:
What was your favorite book in Jr. High/High School?
(mine was The Color Purple......but I LOOOOVE THE MOVIE!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I can be your "lame" friend! Jami

Anonymous said...

Wow Fort - posting a spoiler is pretty bold. I am sure at least one person will scold you for posting it, even though you basically tell them you are. I too was looking to see who got all murdered up. Several times, when the article/post clearly stated that it contained a spoiler, someone would make a angry post about how it was ruined for them. I mean seriously, you can tell the difference between Lucious's Wand and Marth's Falchion but you don't understand "Do not read - spoiler below".
paulythebastard
PS - I like the movies better too!