Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Been super busy at work all week....the days are flying by.

When we were over at nick and merediths place the other day, meredith asked me if I wanted this cute little mirrored, entry way shelf. of course. I said Id probably paint it black. She gave me fifteen minute tutorial on how I should sandpaper it......prime it.....get this special kind of paint for it....."ok, ok", I nodded in agreement and squinted my eyes as if mentally visualizing the process and how I was going to complete this project.

I just spray-painted the sucker in the garage. And the mirrored mail slot-thingy by the front door.

I was out in the garage enjoying the fumes when John stepped outside.

"You gonna lay some newspaper down or something?", he asked in futility, seeing the big black blotches on the garage floor.

I looked up smiling like very proud 6th grader who knew they could NOT get grounded anymore...."Im just leaving my mark!"

"You sure are," he smiled as he finished his beer.

I got an oil change tonight and got my car washed and vaccumed. I would guestimate no less than five pounds gravel got sucked up at Mikes Express Carwash on Winton.

For those of you Cincinnati natives always looking for the next great hideaway restaurant...get this.

So my Aunt Jean is telling me the other day about this couple she knows who lives in Centerville who were discussing where they were going to eat....Carvers (a high end steakhouse by the Dayton mall) or this restaurant in a bowling alley in Cincinnnati.

My aunt was shocked and asked where this bowling alley was. Finneytown, they said! So she tells me theres this great restaurant in the back of Brentwood Bowl....oh, about a 1/4 mile from our house. We had to go.

We checked it out on Monday and I must say, I had THE best chicken sandwich Ive EVER had at JB's Bar and Grill. Its not "in" the bowling alley, just in the same building. I reccomend it highly. Great food, very reasonable.

And since I dont have any pictures of alumni weekend, Ill share with you the ones KJ sent me this week. I was sleeping while all of this debauchery went on.

Ok wait, not this picture...I left shortly after this was taken. Actually it was Amy who took me home.

Dave, Watts Jr. and KJ look extremely well behaved for having come home at five in the morning....
Ok, thats more like it....
Oh, now thats just awkward.....JWJ and Rob show Dave just how much they missed him. In light of the feature on the Today Show this morning about children making homemade flame-throwers, I kicked around the idea of not posting this. But I will. If you've seen it done, you know what's involved. If you havent, dont do it. But it is a pretty spectacular photo and if you ever have a chance to capture Darwinism in action, dont hold back.

Oh yeah...and I changed my myspace page around....I liked the other one and had no intention of changing the background but i accidentally deleted it and I cant find where in the heck I got that background......http://www.myspace.com/fort00

I actually dont mind the new background too much, but Im not happy with that new slide show....Ill need to work on that one.

2 comments:

Aileen said...

who ever the flame thrower is my kids want to hire him!

Anonymous said...

If the paint starts to fall of that thing, do not come crying to me!!!

Lots of Love
Meredith