Sunday, July 29, 2007

I feel that this poster best describes how I feel about my life right now:

Im just going to get this out there and move on. The other day when I went to the bank, I was informed that my drivers license was expired....by almost EIGHT months. So I never get carded, havent gotten a ticket in a while, so it was totally off my radar.

Since I was driving to Athens this weekend, I figured id "swing by" the DMV and get my card renewed. Wrong. After six months, all bets are off. 1030 on Saturday, I was at ANOTHER DMV taking the written test, and this week? I need to schedule my ACTUAL drivers EXAM. With an INSTRUCTOR. What a fargin joke this is.

John was all, "Hey! You got your temps! Way to go! Ill have to take you down to the fairgrounds and let you practice!" Shhh....dont tell, Ive got to drive to work all week and im "Supposed" to have someone at least 21 years or older in the car with me at all times....sheesh.

So anyway - after I passed my written exam and was given my temps, I picked stacy up and we headed to Athens. Of course we had to go to the front booth of the CatsEye for a little bit, but since this wasnt a "Rugby Event"....our leashes were let go, and we were allowed to venture into other bars...Some of you remember O'Hooleys?.....Well, its called Jackie O's now, and its got a great back porch....who knew? Ten years Ive been going to Athens and just discovered this. Better late than never.
This is out of order, but Jami saw this when we were walking home...click on the picture and look at it up close - so scary!
Ang...does this place bring back memories? Particularly you dancing with a mop head in the corner of the bar about 11 years ago? The Smiling Skull Saloon. This place was a treat when we were freshman- one of the few places we got away with drinking underage. Maybe they thought freshman would be too scared to go into a biker bar....they were wrong. Love this place, many cheap pitchers of Killians Red consumed at that Pool table. That's Raeshael playing.
Ok- I thought this was funny. We were at the Pigskin out on the back porch and everyone was minding their own business and this guy gets up and walks over to use his cell phone and TLC's "Waterfalls" come on the radio and, well, you just watch the fireworks:


More at the Pigskin....who knew there were other bars in Athens?
My "Big Surprise" was to do a video blog at the end of the night. I envisioned us all sauced up with lots of stories, but it didnt work - Stacy had her nose in a photo album the whole time, Jami stepped up and did a little work, and I mostly just sat there, apparently fixated on my chin....>shrug< One last group picture before we head off to Cincinnati, Columbus, & Brooklyn.
Who wants to come over and paint my living room this week? Anyone? Anyone?

Tell me SOMEONE is watching "Rock of Love" with Brett Michaels? This show is the BEST.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock of Love is awesome!! Tony knows all the bimbos by name. We don't miss it.

Did you catch the two Corey's show last night? - - Misti

Anonymous said...

Great post!--JBMG..........

Anonymous said...

I especially liked when the guy at pigskin realized you were taping him and acted all embarrassed

Ali

Anonymous said...

no way! Gene Simmon's Family Jewels is way better

Kate said...

I love Brett Michaels!! The show is so funny, they should have kept Tiffany just for laughs

Anonymous said...

I miss the Smiling Skull!!! I used to live about 100 yards away. They would ALWAYS play "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister whenever we requested it. Good times!