Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sweet pic from Kat, Casey, Eva & Stewy....apparently I "inspired" them!!!

Thanks girls - what's with the "Jazz Hands"??

Before I go on, I have a little "Life Lesson from Fort"....put it in your pocket for a rainy day:

The "15 Items or Less Express Lane" does not mean you can checkout THIRTY PRODUCTS with two WICS vouchers and cash. Sorry lady, that just ain't right.

I cant seem to get something that happened out of my mind from this weekend. We all saw a man slap a woman on the street. Hard. They were both middle-aged.


There was a crowd standing there and a bunch of people saw. There were JUST police standing there and I couldnt find them. There was also a group of young men there who saw it to and didnt do anything about it. Brent at work described that as "weak sauce".....Weak sauce indeed, Brent. Weak sauce.


In my fantasy recap, I quickly tell my girlfriends to "Go Get KEVIN, NOW." Kevin is the younger brother of one of my old roomates who still works at The Pub. Kevin aint' afraid to scrap either....so in my fantasy, I tell the girls to get Kevin, I shove the guy in the back real hard like I used to do to my brother before he hit puberty, and then the guy gets all up in my face, and thats when Kevin jumps over the bar, runs out and beats they guy up for slapping his woman, and "gettin' all up in Fort's bizness"...


Sadly, thats not what happened. I looked around for the cops, and by the time i realized there werent any around, the couple had quickly disappeared.


Im waiting to show up on "To Catch a Bad Samaritan" where Chris Hanson jumps out and asks why none of us did anything.


I guess my reasons? He looked mean, and I guess I convinced myself that if someone intervened, who knows if it would have pissed him off so bad that he would have beat her even worse later? I dont know how these situations go.

I just cant stop thinking about it - has anyone ever run into this problem? What did you do??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from hot, hot, humid Key West. Mom got you way too many suveneers(?). See ya soon!! Dad, Mom, Mary & George

Anonymous said...

Freshman year I once saw this guy push his girlfriend into a locker and start yelling at her. It was during class so I know someone must have heard something. I stopped and yelled down the hall "what the hell is going on" he yells back "it's none of your damb business" I politely told him that his acting like a big tough guy wasn't working for me and he'd have to show a little more effort than that. He just turned and waled off. Then, get this, his girlfriend starts yelling at me to mind my own business. What the hell. Ladys, you have the power, you just have to use it.

Anonymous said...

Can't say that I've ever had to intervene in a domestic scuffle. I do, however, pride myself on calling out people who park in handicap spots (who don't need it.) I've managed to piss a couple people off...but no fights...yet.