Wednesday, July 04, 2007


MR REDLEGS! IM SORRY I DOUBTED YOU!!!

We went to the Reds/Giants game last night with Alisa and David. They got us the best seats we've EVER had at the ballpark, and who comes down the asile but Mr. Redlegs. I blurt out that I want to get our picture taken with him and then I hesitate. Do I want to run out into the asile and make an ass out of myself? Then all the sudden I get a little timid. Mr. Red Legs is making his way down to the asile en route to the Giants Dugout where he'll pretend to run while they put "The Race" on the big screen where Rosie Red, Mr. Red and Mr. Redlegs all race via digital animation....everyone cheers for one and pats themselves on the back if their guy finishes first. You win nothing.

So anyway, Alisa gets motivated and jumps over the two people next to us and is softly lurching towards Mr. Redlegs in the asile, while he gets his picture taken with another group...I say, "Hang on, we'll get him on his way back up"......Alisa is doubtful and waits in the asile and finally comes back to sit down when he gets up on the dugout for his "show"....and of course, he (above) returns off the dugout UP THE OTHER ASILE.....we missed it. Alisa, props. You were right, we shoudla got 'em when he was there. We missed out.


Despite the reds lackluster performance as of late, we were lucky enough to catch a WIN! And we got to see Barry Bonds hit his 751st home run, just four short away from Hank Aarons record AND we got to see Brandon Phillips hit a grand slam, which is always a sight. Also cool was that in the early innings the jumbo tron cameras run a promotion for a local grocery store and the kids get to pick a player....and if the player gets a hit, they get a certian gift certificate......I think they get more if its a double or a triple. ANYWAY, these little kids picked Brandon Phillips so hopefully mommy got a free trip to the grocery store!


I was lucky enough to get Bonds Homer on film- you watch him get a few pitches before he hits it...what was funny was that when he went up to bat, everyone booed.......and then when he got the hit, everyone was like, "Ok, Barry, we're sorry, good job" and cheered. Only in Cincinnati. Check it out:UGH - YOU TUBE ISNT LETTING ME POST THIS FOR SOME REASON....I WILL TRY LATER AND POST WHEN THEY LET ME.

Then after the game, they had one of the most amazing fireworks shows Ive ever seen. They dimmed the lights in the stadium and the audio that went along with it was great. You can kind of get a taste of it in this little clip I took.....I scan around the stadium and then get a little bit of the fireworks.....the grand finale was, well, grand. Check it out:
Im so PROUD of J-mac! He's really learned to embrace my self-portrait taking ways. His goal is to try and take the picture and give you no clues that he's the one taking it.

An unexpected ending to the night....
After the game we had $10, and I asked if he wanted go to Haps, and J-Mac suggested hitting up "O'Malley's in the alley" Cincinnati's second oldest bar. It was only a block up from where we parked.

Oh yeah, I should also tell you that I had chemo this day and Romer pretty much DOUBLED my doses. I guess Ive been tolerating it pretty well and it may have been partly a punishment for skipping my last weeks appointment. My treatments have been lasting FOUR and a HALF hours for this round which sucks. On our way to the game, I told John I wasnt feeling too hot and that I might want to leave early, just in case. But as usual, a few beers sparked me out of my chemo-induced "Icky-ness" and I was good to go.

So we head into O'Malleys, have a pint, and get motivated to head up a few blocks into downtown because the Rumrunners (the band that played my fundraiser last year and who also played our 10 year reunion) were playing at the Lodge Bar. Short of the events listed above, and one show at the East End Cafe where about 30 people showed up, that was my only RumRunners experience. Imagine my surprise to show up to the bar and find a line 75 people strong outside the front door:

I had to ask, "Is this where the RumRunners are playing?"....and then I saw the poster. Luckily, there was a fellow Kelt in line who INSISTED we pull Cut-sies. Im sure these people appreciated I cut AND THEN took their picture.

Always a fun show. Ang yelled at John (in the flag) and pointed at me and John got on the mic and said, "Hey everyone, FORTS here!" Definitely my "Special moment" of the evening.
Maybe it was the six beers, but I didnt even realize at first that John had jumped off the stage and started singing in the crowd -that his Brother Ryan that works with Angie.....hell, I cant even remember what he was singing but soon after I took this picture Ryan took the mic and just started whaling the song...I mean, he really looked like a star.




I guess if a guy is going to jump into one of your self-portraits, its ok if he's hot!!!! Yeah ang, you're right. I do need a haircut before this wedding. My hair has been getting a little "mangy" and its two days till the wedding and JUST YESTERDAY I decided I would join in and get a hair appt with the rest ofthe bridal party at Square One. I honestly just didnt want to fork over the bones. Im seriously CHEAP when it comes to my hair, or any thing fashion related for that matter. I just dont give a shit honestly. But I dont want to f**k up all of tracys wedding pictures by looking like a nerdy 7th grader who insists on doing their own hair. Whatever, Im sure they'll make it look good. MANY people want me to cut it short like it was for nicks wedding, but im a little scared of that, but im just going to close my eyes, and say, "DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT WITH IT, I DONT CARE"

Here's a picture from Nicks wedding- remember? Was that too short? What does everyone think? I dont know: Its 11:30 on the fourth and we're not doing ANYTHING. I will probably just clean all day and take a walk and try to detox from all the chemo, beer and regretably, the landslide of Pizza Rolls John and I consumed last night in what seemed to be a great idea at the time. Hopefully Wal-Mart is open, I need to go get a cheap printer. Maybe Ill clean out the garage too. Ugh. Happy fourth allright.

The hair- whats the consensus on the hair? I said I didnt care but I lied.


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hair looks great. But do whatever makes you feel best

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you, Ang and hot guy. So funny. I like your hair either way...just get it trimmed maybe. I guess if you get it trimmed it will look like Nick's wedding? I can't tell how long it is now. Looks good both ways girl! Have fun at the wedding! Love, J
we gotta get down for a reds game...get me some dates!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fort said...

you got me.

That reminds me... Honey, Can you pull a double this weekend? I need more beer money.

Anonymous said...

Fort, if you need some extra money, we have some work around the house that j-mac can do when he gets done pulling a double. We don't pay well but I'm sure it would buy you some shots. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding language and such on your blog, but what a cock.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Now let's get back to the important stuff... I loved your short hair. It was sassy. - - Misti

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ok, people, lets watch the f-bombs. Someone visited and obviously wanted to get a rise out of people...dont give them the pleasure.

fort

Anonymous said...

I don't know Fort personally, but I read her blog regularly because I find her to be funny, smart and inspirational (I first read her column in CinWeekly a while ago). The woman has been through hell, and she's not giving up on life. ANONYMOUS: you have a lot of nerve. What you said is hurtful, wrong and just plain ignorant. Fort, YOU ARE AWESOME and don't let this fool get to you.
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Sorry Fort had to get that out...no more f bombs.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Even I'm not as big of an a$$hole as Mr. Anonymous.

PS - Your hair looked good at Nick's wedding.

Kate said...

I liked your hair at Nicks Wedding

Anonymous said...

If having cancer is not a reason to live life to the fullest, then I don't know what is.

Anonymous said...

If being a parent means letting your kids know how to treat other people, how to tackle the tough stuff with humility, how to put a smile on other peoples faces when they feel knocked down, and especially how to just be a good person then Fort’s been a good mom to a lot of people over the years. She’s certainly given me a good example to follow for my own kids, thanks Melissa and John, keep it up, good things have got to happen to good people and I’m sure you’re on your way. There’s a lot of people out here who’ve get a lot of good from what you do. I'm just a little surprised that some people like this anonymous guy just don't get it.

As for the topic at hand, I’m a guy so hair isn’t my thing, and I’m bald so I usually don’t have to worry about it anyway, but I’m a pretty big fan of your hair from your brother’s wedding so I’d go with that.

Tony B.

Anonymous said...

Fort and I exchanged a number of emails yesterday concerning Mr. Anonymous trolling on her blog. Sadly, chances are they will never be back to see her friends/family rise to her defense and learn the truth about this fantastic, young woman.

Fort - we all love you!

Anonymous said...

Fort,
After all these years, I was sorry to find out from anonymous that you were such an asshole. I guess we can't be friends anymore.
(sighs)
paulythebastard

Aileen said...

make that 19 comments Mr. Asshole!