Sunday, September 30, 2007

YES! That's a Rubi Girl Venue!....
YES! Its on top of a building!

In what was one of the coolest spots in town, the Rubi girls performed on top of the Firefly building. This was a brand new location, offered up by the building's owner and tennant - who was lucky enough to join the girls in drag....and his wife loved it! It was a great night and well over a thousand dollars was raised for Cystic Fibrosis! As always, Josh was a ham, dropping the f-bomb no less than 12 times, harassed the crowd and kept things exciting....of course the rest of the girls were spectacular as usual. If you have yet to catch a Rubi girls show - Id highly reccomend it - John actually passed up watching the OSU game to go, if that tells you anything. Here, Filene Nails breaks it down...
The crowd favorite, Fonda Peters takes a break from the bar for a self portrait. This one cracks me up everytime. Usually about 2/3s into the show, she gets so hammered she cant remember any of the routines and basically freestyles it for the rest of the show. Always my favorite part!
This was toward the end I think, Anita Beer was already out of her costume, but they needed a male part for what ever song they were performing. The drinks were quite strong so unfortunately I have no idea....something from 'Rent' perhaps???
Of course my first question to Josh at the beginning of the night, was, "TELL ME, someone is going do SOMETHING on Britney..." And of course, the Rubi girls never disappoint. Bravo Ileasa Plymouth! Defintely one of my top favorites!
Wow! Could this post get raunchier? No. I didnt have the batteries for any film clips...Ill get it the next time. Lets get this post back to something wholesome....

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY EMMA KATE!!!!!

Sunday I woke up feeling less than stellar. I belive I suffered from a post-dated hangover, as I felt fine until we all headed to China Cottage for lunch with mom and dad. It was great as usual, although I hardly touched my food. Around 2 we finally headed back south to Stacy & Casey's for Emma's 2nd birthday party. Great spread, good company as always. Happy Birthday Emma!
She was NOT having the party hat. AT. ALL.
Will, Stacy, Sandy, Megan, Merle, and Emma!

Thats about it for the weekend wrapup. I have no general observations, heated controversial opinions to share, nothing. I hope these posts havent been boring you. Honestly, this constant ear ringing and co-existing headache that wont go away (im 6 days in to a 10-pack Levaquin with no changese), I hardly have the energy to do ANYTHING.

Seriously...and Im supposed to take a 60 mile walk in two weeks and I was winded after walking to the football game this friday. Stay tuned. I have a feeling my life is going to resemble a massive train wreck in about two weeks!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Fortner! Haven't talked to you in a while. Just decided to check out your blog again. Email me when you get a chance. I have some questions to ask you about your treatment and want to get your opinion on somethings. Thanks!
Melissa
mnoll1@columbus.rr.com
mnoll@tweenbrands.com