Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just a few things....

  • Happy Friday!
  • We just sent out the offical E-vite for the chili cookoff. I dont have a lot of your emails, so if you didnt get one, you can just go to this link and click left column where it says "invite more people" and just plug your email in and voila! All are invited, although If I dont know you, just shoot me a message and let me know what you'll be wearing, kay? But dont log on to decline, because then we just look like losers. http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/viewInvite.jsp?inviteId=WZZUVWZGIZNLILKIOIOC&li=iq&src=email
  • Today I was having this deep thought, about how I thought that Pee-Wee Herman's "That's so funny I forgot to laugh" statement got really played out to the point where its not even cool to say it anymore. When you strip it down of all the hype, all the over-abuse of the 80's, you're left with a very funny statement. I dont care what anyone says. Dad and his cousin Rick took all the kids to see Pee-Wee's Big Adventure when it came out in 1985, and it was a very special moment. I would like to nominate the insanely sarcastic comment, "Thats so funny I forgot to laugh" as a "2007, Welcome Back Phrase"....
  • I was going to look for a clip of Pee Wee saying this, but I found something better. And its a little long, but if you have sound, and a few morning minutes in need of a total space-out, Heres an AWESOME way to start your morning and bring back some good memories. ENJOY!:
  • Which leads me to Friday's Question of the day:

WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE?

Visit http://www.imdb.com/ if you need to pull up the exact quote, I want to see some quality submissions, people! When you comment on this blog, Im not kidding, it TOTALLY MAKES MY DAY. It is quite possibly one of the more pathetic aspects of my life, along with my Corey Haim obsession and love of bad reality tv.

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see your Sue Grafton author get a mention on The Office last night??
Alisa

Anonymous said...

Ok here goes- "We're on a misson from God" The Blues Brothers and from my all time fave movie " I tought you were alot bigger" from Roadhouse(1989)with Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott. This movie has it all, great music,sex,guys getting their *ss-kicked and Sam Elliott
Bobby

Anonymous said...

This isn’t a movie quote – but is still my favorite. About 11 years ago Tony and I were at a show at Sudsy’s and there was a girl there who was just perfectly punk – she had the perfect punk hair, perfectly distressed clothing, she was awesome. She had handwritten on the back of her sweatshirt “You Ain’t Punk Bitch”. To this day, we will find a reason to work that into conversation a few times a week.

If you are reading this You-Ain’t-Punk-Bitch-Girl, thank you. Thank you for the many years of pleasure that you have given us.

Misti

Anonymous said...

Office Space: "Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta" and "Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays!" I know I say the 2nd one at least once a Monday! --Mrs. Faffs

Anonymous said...

Sean Connery is Mason and Nick Cage is Goodspeed in The Rock. Best quotes ever!

John Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?
Stanley Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
John Mason: Your "best"! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*&k the prom queen.
Stanley Goodspeed: Carla was the prom queen.

Anonymous said...

From my fav movie... Boys and Girls with Freddie Prince Jr

Ryan: Look, that night was as much a surprise to me as it was to you. But being with you was like going to a place that I had never been before. And after you fell asleep I just laid there, staring up at those cheap fluorescent stars you have stuck on your ceiling, and - after awhile they just started forming a pattern, this weird glow-in-the-dark pattern that linked together our entire relationship. And for the first time everything seemed clear to me - like one logical progression. It felt like you and I were the greatest plan ever made and I had nothing to do with it. Being with you made me feel that maybe I didn't have to keep planning anymore because it felt like I was actually living. And that for once in my life I wouldn't have to work so hard at being happy. That it just could happen. Nothing will ever hurt me as much as your reaction to that same experience.

Anonymous said...

Romy and Michelle:

"God, you look so skinny in that dress!" "Thanks, Mono was like the best diet ever!"

Not sure I got that 100% correct Fort, but you know the line.

Ang

Anonymous said...

You had to know that I would respond to this one...

Tommy Boy is full of 'em, but here's my fave:

Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted? The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" the little guy says; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up...I've seen it a hundred times.

Stewy