Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So.....um...yeah....
I suck at laundry. And when I say suck, I mean, most third graders could handle their own laundry with more fervor and maturity than I do. Since day one, we've always done our own laundry....or our version of it. Then, a little over a year ago, we bought this GIANT 1700 sq ft. dirty laundry holder. Not sastified with just having a place to hold it, Grandma and Grandpa Rotert gave us their ping pong table, or what we refer to as the once-a-year beer pong tournament venue #1-slash-clean laundry holder-upper.

Why take your clean clothes out and fold them nicely, and put them away when you can run down stairs in the morning after a shower, pull out a big old pile of clean clothes from the dryer, snag that one top or pair of pants you need, and run up stairs in a hurry? That, my friends, is how we got into this situation:

So we're having this bonfire party this weekend for the volleyball team, but just incase someone peeks into the basement, job #1 has been to get that mess cleaned up. Two hours and two loads of laundry run, while folding 755 articles of clothing to random mix of DMB, Louie Armstrong, Edie Brickell & Tracy Chapman, I have completed the impossible....and had john help me fold up the ping pong table and put it away. I replaced it with a smaller table...
Going to bed!! xoxoxo

3 comments:

Aileen said...

looks too neat. I'm sending laundry down there. Guess who got your name for Christmas John?? SURPRISE!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd swear I was looking at my own basement in that first picture. If you're gonna be in Dayton this weekend and are looking for some extra cash, I'd like my basement to look like the bottom picture. Just sayin'.
Peace,
Stewy

Anonymous said...

Did I make that mix??
Alisa