Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oops!

Ok....so I was probably a little out of line on my whole "Take the coaches side" little diatribe. Point taken, Tony. Doing that in the third grade IS totally wrong....although I failed to mention that WHILE this parent was telling their kid to yell at my dad, my dad was yelling at HIM because he was trying to get him in the game! Really, I swear. I didnt just make that up.

I also felt like an idiot because I was calling one of my passengers today for a private rail trip Im working on for her. Just some update details. She shares with me that she can only get to the railyard at a certian time because her book signing in Cincinnati is at such and such time....Im all, "Oh, you write books? What kind?, If you dont mind me asking?"

"Oh, murder mystery".......so I google her and she's big. HUGE according to Mrs. Rab, my connection to all things in the literary world.

Sue Grafton is her name, and she does the alphabet mysteries. Im more of non-fiction reader myself (rarely have the attention span for fiction), so I havent heard of her, although her books do sound famillar. She's a super nice lady and I hope to help her group on board that evening so Im hoping to meet her.

Oh yeah! Meeting with Dr.Romer today! Everything is looking good, and they're still going to keep me on Avastin, and they gave me a Rx for the high blood pressure that I cant seem to kick. They are hoping that will take care of the ringing.

Mrs. Rab had the librarian at Fairmont send over a book to my mom called "Remarkable Recoveries"....im just getting into it- its about people who recover from awful health diagnosies with no real "western medicine explanation".....Ill brief you all soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh..Sue Grafton's books are the best books-on-tape ever!!! Perfect for driving when you need something entertaining yet not deep. Bet they would be good beach books too.

Aileen said...

mom would be impressed to hear about you meeting Sue Grafton.
and, PLEASE email the scrapbook mountain info. I tried to click on the calender hoping to see info on it but it kept closing my window out. Have people interested in going so I need contact info , etc.

Anonymous said...

Ill send you the lady's email to see if there are any spots left. These usually book up months in advance, but there are often people who drop out at the last minute. Theres also one in February that still has openings. Kathy can be reached at scraptyler@aol.com :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the rejoinder, I was all fired up for a week now and your post about coaching just came at the "perfect" time. I'm considering coaching the pee wee team next year so I'll probably get what I've got coming to me then, and perhaps I'll change my mind. (Tipp City parents are nuts when it comes to football)

Let me know if Mrs. Rab and you still want to meet to talk books. I've kind of hit a road block with mine and could use a fresh perspective.

TB