Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Geez Misti! Thanks for reminding me!!!
We're trying to get a kid, here! Im sure that will look real good - "Prospective Parent has tendency of leaving car running with keys locked inside."
So today I get an email from Tammy about a Hamilton County Foster/Adoption info drop-in at the College Hill Coffee Co. Really cute place if you've never been:

Anyway, she and Philly are feeling out their options and they knew we were too, so she forwarded the email and I told her we should meet there around 5. I got there a little before J-mac and asked some questions, then Philly and Tammy showed up in matching black vests and asked thier questions, although they had a lot more questions that we did. We chatted for awhile and the people were really nice and then we all went to dinner at Bacall's.


At the Kelts fundraiser, I had a picture taken of me sitting on Tammy & Philly's lap and i was all, "This is SOOOOO going on the blog!!!" and then I sobered up and noticed that I looked about 500 lbs in the picture. As the messiah of fortscancersux, I opted not to post it. So tonight when I was like, "Tammy! Get a picture for the blog!" I got the whole, "Ohhhhhsuuurrrre Fort. We've heard that song and dance before!" Then I told them how fat I looked in the picture and we were all good. I think. So here's the pics from tonight:
So it looks like the four of us are going to the orientation on the 28th. More as that develops.

This weekend is going to be CRAY. ZEE. I just found out I am being "ambushed" on Friday (it was supposed to be a surprise until I made other plans and they had to tell me) by the Ya Yas, just getting kidnapped as a combined post-chemo Jess's Birthday party Ya Ya slumber party. Kind of precursor to Moms weekend 08. Pics to follow for sure!
Saturday we're supposed to go to the UC football game with Harry & Jean, so I might suspect some tailgating will be involved, and then of course Sunday is our chili cookoff. Way too busy!
On another note, the scraptastic blogs of late have sucked in prey for Stacy and I to mold....Misti is now slated to join us for a Day of scrapbooking in December. We will serve as her sponsors until we are ready to set her free - we will supply her with wiggle scissors, we will make cropping sugesstions, colors and layout reccomendations and oversee her embellishments untill our young scrapoffspring is ready to fly. Misti, please refer Tony to J-Mac and Casey for support.
Question of the day:
DID YOU VOTE? DID YOU SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL LEVY? HOPE SO!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fort we should totally do Lunch sometime since we work so close, I can remind you about your keys if you like.

P.s. I am not sure why I look high in that pic. Drugs are bad Mmmmkay?

Tonight was fun. Best line was Philly's "I just remembered we're White."

Anonymous said...

go to your local hardware store/walmart and have a spare key made and put in your purse. Total cost $1.50 max

Anonymous said...

Hey - I believe that I went on to be a great mom to Bailey after that rough start. I have even raised a kid successfully for over two whole years! Luckily being 100% "together" is not a requirement for being a good parent! -- Misti

Anonymous said...

I'd like to second Misti's point. Most people that are good parents get their act together AFTER they have their kids. Knowing you have someone else to look after kinda helps you focus!

TB