Sunday, January 06, 2008

ONE QUICK THING - - -REAL QUICK: EVERYONE!!!
GO TO THIS LINK and vote for my cousin CODY LYON. Don’t ask JUST DO IT!!!!

(http://wral.com/sports/prepsports/poll/2260279/?show_poll=1)

Thanks to all who came out for my big 30th Birthday party on Saturday - It was hands down the best birthday Ive ever had! (Yes! Even better than 21.) Seeing as as the question, "Will I even make it to thirty?" has crossed my mind a number of times in the last five years, Im pumped to have gotten here. After our marathon 9-4 foster parenting class Saturday morning, we headed up to B-Dub's in Kettering and had the Buckeye Room for the party. Mom and dad pitched in for wings and I assume the bar tab was impressive! I think everyone had a pretty good time. Sorry, most of these pictures are from my moms camera so there are 50 pictures...me with guest 1, guest 2, guest 3, etc....

Early on....still behaving!

Hardest Partying Grandpa this side of the Ohio River!
Look closely! They spelled my name wrong. Now that Im 30 though, Im mature. Those things dont bother me. -shrug-
This picture contains two real boobs....in more ways than one!
I was excited that my all-time favorite high school teacher showed up to celebrate! I didnt feel awkward drinking a beer in front of her at all. She's probably the one person in the world who could motivate me to write a book....and she's trying, for sure. Im still finding it hard to figure out how to even start a book....some of posts Ive gotten the most positive responses on completely came out of left field with no provocation. But Im getting there. Sharon Rab is my Oprah. She says it, I do it. Expect great things in 2008 with her cracking the whip!! :)
Brian, Doug, Steve, Jean, Larry & Deb, Gma, Tom, and my sissy cousin, Chris. You asked for it!

Ketterings Finest! (not you KPD! Sorry Jen)
The Franz's would be the closest thing I have to second family. Id trade Nick for any one of them.
Awwww...the Ya-Ya juniors look cute - see you in two weeks!
The highschool BFF's and familie. Yeah, I said BFF's. What are you going to do about it??
Wow! I wish I could actually BE pregnant and not just look it!! ha! Thanks mom & Dad for the awesome spread. Posters, pics, etc. I wasnt expecting that for sure.

If you let old people drink enough, they will act just like college kids.
Rick (who drove me home from the hospital when I was born!), Shelley and Dad.
Look at the camera, kid!!! Samantha loves Aunt Fortener!
Brian, Nick, Rick & Shelley - I still dont understand exactly whats going on in this picture but at least they're having fun!
Bob & Mary Louise, my g-ma's baby sister! Thanks for coming out!

Guess which one of these DIDNT Take me to a high school dance? (only one of them!!)
OH! AH! Let's all go to Taggarts!!!
My Godparents, Sue & Mike. How lucky they are to have had me as their Godchild. I know, I know, you dont deserve it. You're welcome.
Fortener Family version 2008.1.5
You didnt think I actually got through the night with out a shot or two, did you? Not with Crystal in the house....(actually I started with a Goldschlager and it was AW. FUL. gugh....but it did snap me out of a pre-party funk!)

Matt, Sue, Fort.
The night ended with a few people (Thats Tony & mom) playing my new mini cornhole game....can you see it? I am so taking that to work tomorrow......
Despite that being the best ever birthday party I have ever had, ever, (fuheva-eva?) My one birthday pleasure is going to China Cottage with my family. If thats all I ever do for my next fifty birthdays, I will be a happy woman. As usual, the content of discussion ranged from nose picking to well...I wont even go there. Always an enriching environment with much to learn from this "meeting of the minds". The only awkard moment was when John let Nick share his dish of noodles - neither of them want to talk about it ever again: Got home to see some friends hanging out in the backyard - hey guys. Missed ya.
For those of you who are interested, our Beer Pong tournament will be Feb 9th. Email me if you're entering a team.

THanks again to all who came. Definitely the best birthday I ever had.

Have a great week!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 30th birthday, ya old bag! love you! SHS

Anonymous said...

JMac and Nick definitely look as if they are 'sharing a moment' - they must be watching sports and the noodle just brings it all together. See ya Saturday for Marathon: part deux. Tootles! - Philly

Anonymous said...

it was SO good to see you last weekend!! Don't give up on the fostering.... there are so many amazing children out there who need good people like you and your husband. We teach our children about life... but our children teach us what life is all about. Miss ya Fort

Stephanie