Thursday, January 31, 2008

To save anyone else from leaving cryptic comments about my lackluster ability to post updates about my status, (even when I dont know it myself), Im on Doxil now. Its kind of like Adriamyacin (the "Red Devil", most hated chemo drug among bc surviors, hair loss, sickness, etc) but Dr. Romer described it as "Adriamyacin's Cousin"....Its still a red liquid but apparently the chemicals are in a lipid form, which Romer described as "grapes" ....like little pockets of drugs that target the tumor growth ONLY without wreaking havoc on the rest of your body. Virtually no Side effects, which, I know this sounds totally screwed up, but I sorta like the side effects, in that, even when im curled up in shitsville, Im thinking, "Well, its obviously killing the good stuff, it MUST be killing the bad too!"

But with this? Nothing. So I am a little wigged out, although I do feel like I have a cold coming on. Weird. The back pain is gone, but now my left hip is bothering me again. Time to bust out some positive CHI and start sweet talking my body in the mirror to straighten its ass up and get well again. Ive got to get a port put in next friday. My right arm's had about all it can take. Welcome back Qigong.....its been awhile.

Nick and I had an interesting one hour long conversation last night. I asked him if it was wrong that when I first heard of this satellite that is falling to earth, all I could think about was how much money I would get from the government if it fell on our house. Of course Id take my scrapbooks to work and some other sentimental stuff....but I think they'd definitely give you enough to by you a new house and at least a few million for pain and suffering.

Then Nick told me how he and Meredith had already decided how they would split up their winings if they won the lottery. (even though they dont play) Lets just say John and I would be well taken care of. We talked about a Mediterranean cruise and I suggested we just by a yacht for the whole extended family. I wont tell you how much Nick & Mere are going to give to us, but lets say its enough for us to by the yacht. Then we got into an argument about which one of us would by the yacht and we settled on them buying the yacht and us bringing the Captian & Coke.

Happy Friday.

3 comments:

Aileen said...

glad you shared the info on the new drug. Jackie , Tom's cousin , has just found out she now can add lung cancer to her cancer list. She's in such pain and so sick. We are calling her tomorrow and telling her about this one.

Aileen said...

FYI , I went on my annual book store splurge fest , this week-end. I bought the Nikki Sixx book since you were so thrilled about it. It better be as full of dirt as you say.
When I grew up I read bobbsie twins , Nancy Drew,Agatha Christy and Stephan King. Can you guess who influenced my reading choices? It took Oprah's bookclub to get me brave enough to venture outside my comfort zone. I bought a wild variety of books. John Stewert , several Fannie Flagg books (think Fried green Tomatoes...great books) , George Carlin , a few best seller books , Irish culture books , Clapton , and a couple of history books. i've got tons of books that I haven't read but I like having a wide selection to choose from depending on my moods.

Anonymous said...

hopefully the next blog entry is bashing Heidi's video...uh, just got her hands image implanted in my head again. Nasty!